Yoga Therapy Training Maryland
Get the yoga therapy training you need to succeed in Maryland. Our comprehensive training options are available online with live, interactive components. Learn more and hear from several of our graduates in Maryland below!
Yoga Therapy's Unique Approach
Yoga therapy represents a harmonious blend of traditional yoga practices and contemporary medical knowledge. Rooted in the ancient art of yoga and enhanced by the latest findings of Western medicine, it offers a holistic approach to health and wellness.
The primary goal of yoga therapy is to empower individuals to become directly engaged in their own health and healing. By integrating principles from both yoga and Ayurveda, along with modern scientific research, yoga therapists guide their clients towards improved physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Offering a personalized approach to health and wellness, yoga therapists are trained professionals who specialize in adapting yoga practices to address specific health conditions. Our expertise lies in our ability to understand and apply a variety of yoga techniques, including asana (yoga poses), pranayama (breathing exercises), chanting, philosophy, and meditation. The key to effective yoga therapy is not just knowledge of these practices, but also an in-depth understanding of how to apply them therapeutically.
Complete Your Yoga Therapy Training in Maryland Online
Next Class Starts on April 16
What Are the Benefits of Getting Yoga Therapy Training?
- Career Versatility: With yoga therapy training, you have the flexibility to work as a general practitioner or to specialize in specific populations or conditions.
- More Clients and Income: Being certified in yoga therapy can significantly boost your client base. This specialized skill set not only attracts more clients, but also allows you to charge higher fees for your expertise.
- Working with Other Practitioners: Yoga therapy complements various health practices, including Western medicine. This integration offers your clients an attractive, holistic approach to health and wellness.
- Holistic Health: You can support a wide array of individual health and wellness needs as a yoga therapist by offering personalized, holistic treatment plans to your clients.
- Physical Health Issues: With yoga therapy training, you will be prepared to address any number of physical health conditions your clients may face, including:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Back pain
- Chronic pain
- Autoimmune diseases
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder injuries
- And more
- Mental Health Issues: Yoga therapy training includes therapeutic techniques tailored for mental health. Assist clients in addressing a range of mental health conditions, including:
- And more
How Does Our Online Yoga Therapy Training Work?
Our online training program offers a comprehensive and flexible approach to learning yoga therapy, tailored to meet the needs of students from various backgrounds and schedules. Here’s how it works:
- Quality Education from Anywhere: Whether you’re seeking yoga therapy training in Maryland or elsewhere, our program offers quality education without the need to attend in-person sessions. This convenience saves time and allows you to integrate training easily into your life.
- Flexible Payments: We offer flexible payment plans so you can pay as you go throughout the program.
- Work at Your Pace: You can progress at your own pace, making our training ideal for those with busy schedules or other commitments. Complete our Foundations training in just one year! Stop there or continue with our Advanced training, which only takes an additional year.
- Live, Interactive Components: In addition to lessons that are available 24/7 online, we also provide live components. This structure ensures that you can regularly speak with instructors, ask questions, and communicate with other students, fostering a sense of community even in a virtual environment.
- Community and Support: Our yoga therapy training includes opportunities to engage with an exclusive online community of your teachers and peers at any time. This supportive environment fosters learning and growth, ensuring that you’re not just gaining knowledge but also becoming part of a vibrant yoga therapy community.
The Opportunity of Yoga Therapy Training in Maryland
The field of yoga therapy is currently experiencing significant growth in career opportunities, marking an exciting era for those trained in this discipline. As yoga therapy gains recognition as a powerful healing modality with more and more research behind it, healthcare facilities and clients are increasingly seeking it out. Yoga therapy allows us to bridge the gap between Eastern and Western medicine and better meet client needs.
- On average, yoga teachers in Maryland earn $62,984 per year, or $30.28 per hour, according to ZipRecruiter.
- Whether you seek to augment your yoga teaching career with yoga therapy training in Maryland or work as a yoga therapist, your additional training and skills can help you attract more clients and earn higher wages.
- We’ve seen students in Maryland go on to teach therapeutic yoga for group classes and individuals, incorporate yoga therapy training into work as a licensed clinical professional counselor, and more!
Our Foundations of Yoga Therapy Training
Eager to practice yoga therapy? You can finish our Foundations of Yoga Therapy Program in a single year. For those who need more time, you can always progress at a slower pace.
The Foundations Program consists of:
- 50 pre-recorded lectures
- Online coursework
- Assignments and online social network
- Live Q&As with head teacher and Breathing Deeply creator, Brandt Passalacqua
- 3 virtual/online learning retreat modules
- Hands-on experience with other students
When I enrolled in the Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Program, I was looking to expand my knowledge of yoga with the goal of becoming a better yoga teacher.
Since starting the program, every aspect of my teaching has changed: my style, my purpose, my message, my motivation. I have worked with older adults with mobility issues and seen wonderful improvements. The progress I have seen in my clients often makes me wish I had before and after videos to show.
Kathy Page, Yoga Therapist in Silver Spring, Maryland
Our Advanced Yoga Therapy Training and Certification
Excited to continue your education? Want to become a C-IAYT yoga therapist? Our Advanced Yoga Therapy Program is for you! It can be completed in as little as two years.
The Advanced Program is made up of three parts:
- The Foundations of Yoga Therapy Program
- 8 week-long live virtual learning modules
- Mentored practicum in the community
After completing our Foundations Program, students gain advanced training in 8 week-long retreats. The retreats are virtual so that students can easily attend, but they follow a schedule so you can interact with our Lead Teacher, Brandt, and your peers in real time. Get real-world experience under Brandt’s guidance in a practicum, then pass a final exam to complete the program.
After our yoga therapy training, students are prepared to work in a variety of fields, including healthcare, mental health, social work, addiction, pain management, and more.
This training has given me a deeper understanding of what my clients are going through, and the movement they might need to move forward to more healthy, balanced lives. Where other programs focused on the clinical, Breathing Deeply accounts for a more balanced consideration of mental and physical health.
Shervon Laurice, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor & Yoga Therapist in Silver Spring, Maryland
Want to Learn More? Check Out Our Information Session
Brandt talks about common questions applicants have about the Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Program. Tune in to get the full program details.
Want to Join Our Yoga Therapy Training from Maryland?
Next Class Starts on April 16
Curious about what happens when you submit your application and how long it takes?
Fill in your application form below and make sure your application is as detailed as possible so we can get to know you.
You will have the opportunity to speak with an admissions person once your application is submitted.
You will receive an email from us with the next steps toward enrollment.
Not sure if you’re eligible to apply?
We have programs for each level of yoga expertise.