Meditation Mentor Certification Program
The freedom that practice offers is not for the few, but for everyone.
Transparent, ethical mentors are invaluable in the progress of any meditation student. The purpose of becoming a Breathing Deeply Meditation Mentor is to gain the ability to safely and effectively guide others on their personal path and spread the practices to a wider audience.
Start with personal evolution and then share the path with others.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Breathing Deeply Meditation Mentor. By now, you have likely either joined or are considering joining our Meditation Community.
What makes our mentor training unique is the process, a 3-part meditation model, and that we train our mentors to support others through their own, personal stages of development. Mentors become capable of helping individuals navigate their practice while identifying signs, issues, and openings to support their insights and deeper understanding of what each practice brings.
After six months of participating in the Breathing Deeply Meditation Program, students become eligible to apply to the Breathing Deeply Meditation Mentor Certification Training. Enrolling in this mentor (teacher) training might be your plan from the beginning, but it is not until you are steeped in the practices that you will really know if your next steps are to teach others in this way.
In More Depth
Click on the tabs below to learn more about the program curriculum.
As a school, we seek to make useful meditation mentoring more accessible so that individuals and communities all over the globe may all benefit from these practices.
The Yoga and Tantra traditions give us many meaningful references on how to work with individuals. Using these as guides, well trained meditation mentors can help students accelerate their practice to reach their goals. The freedom that practice offers is not for the few, but we all need to be helped along the way by teachers with a clear understanding of the nuances of the path. We know that training honest well intentioned mentors is the best way to share powerful life shifting practices with all who seek them.
Mentor Certification trainees are provided prerecorded lesson material and coursework on the same school platform used in the meditation program. You continue to work on your own sadhana while opening up to different experiences of others. Mentors meet weekly on a Q&A with Brandt where you’re encouraged to open, lean in, stretch and engage in thoughtful conversation about course material and personal practice. Mentors also serve within the Breathing Deeply Mediation Program student community. In this way, Mentors gain valuable experience working with others while being personally supported by Brandt.
Some topics covered include:
- Intake, procedure, code of conduct and ethics
- Why we meditate and the importance of mentors
- Texts as references for working with individuals including Yoga Sutras Of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Spandakarika, Tao Te Ching
- Contraindications of practices we use
- Roads and signs of progress and identifying roadblocks
- Your own sadhana and its relevance
Counseling vs. mentoring
- Working with Trauma in Meditation
- How to use energy as a vehicle
- Proper perspectives on the mind
- The nature of evolution: What is the purpose of evolving enlightenment?
- How to not “role play”: the power of authentic teaching
- Silent transmission
- Working within while in the role of the teacher
- The experience of samadhis and enlightenment
- Spotting kundalini gone wrong
- Faith and reason are not opposite concepts
- Tantra and yoga as the same path
- Sharing Breathing Deeply teachings with general populations
- Starting a Breathing Deeply meditation community where you live
In summary, this flexible training is designed to take 6 months. Students also have the option to self-pace at a speed that works for them.
The course includes
- Recorded lessons and practices with homework and handouts available 24/7
- Guidance and support through weekly live Q&A with Brandt on Zoom (always recorded for students who want to listen later.)
- A meditation mentor social network made up of Breathing Deeply peers around the globe
- Participation in two live 3 hour online retreats with Brandt and other aspiring mentors
- Ongoing continuation of all the benefits of being a part of our meditation community
As a Yoga Therapist and seeker, Brandt has been practicing and teaching since 2001. His personal journey serves as an inspiration to countless others and informs his compassionate, humorous, and down-to-earth teaching style.
His teacher shared with him both yoga and tantric meditations as well as text study from various traditions. Brandt’s path, as given to him by his teacher, was to fuse the teachings he was tasked to study into one coherent path. His knowledge has helped thousands move past suffering and towards their fullest potential, and his straightforward, jovial teaching style makes complicated concepts and practices accessible and practical.
Brandt has maintained a private practice for nearly 20 years integrating yoga therapy in the tradition of Krishnamacharya and Structural Yoga Therapy, Medical Massage, a variety of meditation lineages, and plain-old common sense to help people realize their goals. Working with individuals suffering from a wide range of disease and discontent, he serves both as a meditation teacher and Yoga Therapist with an emphasis on finding the most efficient practice/s for an individual’s evolution.
Brandt is dedicated to sharing teachings in a systematized and pragmatic way. He has the ability to share complex concepts in a way that most individuals can use. You will find him candid, relatable, and accessible.
For more info, read “How I Got Here” by Brandt.
The power of a meditation community is immense. Sharing experiences and understanding help us all grow in our own practice. Meditation communities are indispensable for one’s personal growth and in our community, Breathing Deeply Mentors have the role of bringing people together to practice and helping individuals move forward in their meditation practice towards expanded awareness. Mentors have ongoing professional and peer support within our larger community, as well. Collective intention leads to great transformation.
“I am extremely grateful for the Breathing Deeply Meditation Program. This program is designed with Brandt’s experience and wisdom to build skills with supportive and comprehensive guidance available directly from Brandt each step of the way. The program is available to practice at my own pace and in alignment with where I am in life, for each moment. I truly appreciate the safe space to ask authentic questions I have wondered about for years and the ones that arise as I continue the journey. This offers me the opportunity to gain insights into next steps for my personal practice. The Q&As, social network, and forums provide a great community aspect with discussions that are meaningful and applicable to each of our daily lives. As a result of integrating the Breathing Deeply practices into my life, I am finding significantly more ease and experiencing expansion of my capacity for wider states of awareness and being. I find this growth and evolution of expanding consciousness is creating the life I have searched for. Thank you Brandt for following your passion! Words cannot express my true gratitude.
With a warm loving heart from Alaska, Laurie Schaeffer.”
As a Certified Breathing Deeply Meditation Mentor you will:
- Possess the skills, tools, and capability to instruct meditations and variations to students in a group and individual setting
- Benefit others on their personal evolutionary path and help them realize their goals and potential through mentorship
- Continue to participate in the Breathing Deeply community both as as student and mentor while ongoing receiving mentoring directly from Brandt
- Continue to grow your skills, practice, spiritual path, and evolution
Registration becomes available through acceptance after an application process. The prerequisite to apply is 6 months minimum enrollment in the Meditation Program.
The cost of the Meditation Mentor Program (“teacher training”) is $1,995.
Students in the Mentoring Program have permanent access to Brandt’s mentoring Q&A’s and live online retreats indefinitely, as long as they are part of the Breathing Deeply Meditation Program (a requirement while enrolled in the Mentor Certification).
Join us today.
“All practice ends with personal evolution, coupled with surrender, service, and awe.”