Healing through the Pranic Body and Conscious Mind: A Yoga Therapy Perspective
May 9, 2020
Live & Interactive Video Seminar
Foundations Program｜Remote Retreat ｜Option #2
Not Available For Advanced Program Students
In this retreat we move deeper into the koshas, or layers of the Self, unwrapping like a gift, the inner-workings of the pranic and mental bodies. Teachers through the ages have taught us that we are much more than just our physical body, and in this retreat, we begin the process of moving our awareness through the layers of our being toward the core. Participants will examine the healing relationship that the pranamaya and manomaya koshas share, and better understand, through theory and practice, how working at this level can bring balance to the body and mind.
You will explore:
● How different pranayamas affect our energetic system
● How to assess which pranayamas will bring about balance and healing
● How pranayama techniques can be used to balance the doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha, and to treat dis-ease
● How to work specifically with the conscious mind (manomaya kosha) through the practices of chanting and guided meditations to bring balance and healing to the body/mind
Join us if you:
● Want to learn how to use pranayama chanting and chakra balancing to affect balance and improve health conditions
● Want to understand the full role of prana in the healing process
● Wish to deepen your own practice past just the physical body
● Want to learn techniques to help others in a one on one environment
● Want to connect to a community of yoga teachers/therapists from all over
This retreat addresses the Pranic and Mental Bodies as part of the Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Program and is one of three essential retreats for students working towards becoming Yoga Therapists.
See the Healing through the Pranic Body and Conscious Mind retreat description. Remote retreats are available to BDYT Foundations Program (not Advanced Program) students who are unable to make the trip to the residential retreats (in New York). Breathing Deeply strongly recommends participating in the residential (live) retreats whenever possible.
The remote retreat is held live online from 9:00-5:00 EST with a break for lunch. If you have already taken this BDYT residential retreat, you may use this remote retreat as a refresher for $108.